Shop at Spinner's End Farm

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Home" away from home

Someone in this greater bureaucracy that I work for decided we needed new lighting (probably the landlord). I was hopeful that my dim little corner of the world would be better lit, alas.....it was not to be. In fact, it became dimmer. This was depressing me. I NEED light. Everyone on the opposite side of the building has a window (mostly supervisory staff who are hardly here) and many keep the blinds closed complaining of the light!

 
Not to be deterred, I found myself a little "sunshine", in the form of a new lamp. It's not perfect but it puts me in a better frame of mind!

It looks a little like I might be interrogating folks in the guest chair; "So.....you say your dog ate the marten skull you are required to turn over when registering your fur? (This happened today). Really...just what kind of dog is it..hmmm?"

This is the talking on the phone and working on papers side which is well lit with task lighting that makes this annoying buzzing sound that apparently only I can hear. (Someone dropped off their unwanted fish food over there by the mouse. I get surprise packages like this often...usually styrofoam egg cartons when my back is turned).

And in the spirit of full disclosure, here is my messy 'pewter station. I was once told that a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind....it must be true because I sure can't keep either one straight.

 

5 comments:

  1. what a delightful office... I love the bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be the last wooden bookcase in the office. They date from the 1940's and when modern office furniture came around many of them were deemed surplus. One was nearly put into a dumpster last fall but was rescued and placed in another office...I don't have room for two unfortunately (otherwise I'd have a window!). I think space is allocated by rank and level of decision making.

      Delete
  2. Kinda fun; I've seen people show their barns and homes but never their office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the barn once and my office is probably neater than my house! I'm really excited about that lamp too....

      Delete
  3. My 'office' is such a dreadful mess. I do attempt to tidy it, but always get side-tracked. I'm with John; I like your bookcase, it almost has an Amish feel.

    ReplyDelete