Shop at Spinner's End Farm

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Big D turns Five

I have been remiss about reporting on the milestones in our household. Duncan turned FIVE on October 7th. His dessert request was cupcakes with snails on them. I should clarify- frosting snails. I don't think Duncan ever put the real gastropods in his mouth, but Sam at one point stuck a big juicy slug in his and rolled it around for awhile before drooling it out.


The chickens are laying about a dozen eggs a day right now. We've been peddling eggs to friends and coworkers around town. I haven't gotten around to posting a sign at the end of the driveway proclaiming their availabilty as of yet. I can just see it now...people pull in to buy a dozen eggs and are molested by happy drooling Newfs... I've been busy making spinning batts for folks and Elle (above) says her wool should be next because it is just sooooo soft and such a pretty shaela color. She says she would make a nice shawl. I'm starting to get Holiday orders for Waldorf dolls too! Five in yesterday so I'd better get busy this weekend cutting out and sewing bodies. I was beginning to think it was going to be a slow period!

No comments:

Post a Comment