Shop at Spinner's End Farm

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fare thee well

Just got home from New England and the day has been rather rainy. A good day to put away all the trip accumulated stuff and watch a few Poirot movies (The Mysterious Affair at Styles and The ABC Murders). Had a visit with the woolies and all is well in their world, with the exception of Pikachu the white llama. She has two bad rear knees that pop and grind at the best of times (surgery is majorly cost prohibitive), and now is only using one back leg which can't feel very good on the other leg. I can't ask much more of her I don't think.

Feeling rather melancholy too at the passing of a great man. I first met Robin Williams as "Mork"; and was enchanted by him in that role when I was a pre-teen. I have to say though, that my favorite role of his was as Parry in "The Fisher King". I won't be watching it anytime soon though, as it is a tearjerker at the best of times. Maybe Mrs. Doubtfire or Robots would be a cheerier choice. Fare thee well Robin.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment