Shop at Spinner's End Farm

Monday, March 12, 2012

Daylight "Savings" Jetlag

I'm not a big fan of day light "savings" time.  Just when the morning was getting light enough to complete chores before work (sans flashlight), some one gets the bright idea to mess it up, and make it light outside when it is time to put the kids to bed.  Brilliant!!! 

This week I'm in Minneapolis MN for a conference for work (Northwoods Climate Change).  A magical time zone change was crossed driving from MI to MN so I am back to pre-daylight savings time again.   I have no idea what time it actually is.  My laptop says 11:13.  My cell phone says 10:13 (and I don't know how to change it!).  The clock in the hotel says 10:13.  The clock in the travel car was off by an hour and fifteen minutes which was extra confusing.  And, the ride from Curtis MI to Otsego MN took ELEVEN hours minus a 45 minute hiatus to Duluth- it rained all the way.  Garlicky Alfredo at 8:30 and a Newcastle brown ale.  No veggies with dinner- I feel deprived, and I need to brush my teeth.  Maybe the garlic counts for veggies.

I think with all this warm weather and rain when I get home there won't be much snow!  Hopefully some sap is falling into those buckets though....could be a maple syrup rationing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment